Volunteer to help Preserve Calavera:
Create More Public Demand for Open Space by
- participating in community outreach and sign up members.
- writing letters to the editor. Letters should be a maximum of 200 words. Include your name, city and telephone number (they will not print your number but may use it to call you ). Send to both papers – the more coverage, the better. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (125 word maximum).
- Speak before any of the following with your open space concerns: Parks & Rec Commission, Planning Commission, City Council.
- In Carlsbad, tell them to use Measure C to buy open space now before it is too late.
Conservation – get your hands dirty!
- Join our wildlife Tracking Team.
- Help with survey for threatened/endangered birds.
- Join the Coastkeeper team that monitors water quality of Buena Vista Creek.
- Help on trail cleanup days.
- Call in violations of off-road vehicles to police dispatchers.
- Report water quality violations: 760-602-2799.
- Make phone calls for the telephone tree.
- Write a grant or do a fundraising project.
- Sign up for project monitoring.
Thanks for taking a few minutes to preserve part of this wonderful area- for you, your children and future generations! Need more information or help with any of these? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.